This morning, you woke up and dropped by the Gekkou Inn’s cafeteria site to get yourself a meal for breakfast, just as you do every morning. You notice a bright, colorful change in the scenario – there seems to have more decorations than there were before, but you think nothing of it.
You head outside after you’re done eating, and as you stroll around the streets of the Moon Capital, you realize that, indeed, something is up. A wide array of colorful and sparkling decorations appeared overnight, covering every corner your eyes can reach: streamers of varied colors hanging from bamboo branches, origami folded into paper cranes and kimono, origami rings tied into chains that resembled nets, a big and colorful ornamental ball with many streamers hanging from it, several similar smaller ones hanging from bamboos…
Before you can investigate further, you spot Kaguya-hime deeply engaged in conversation with someone you’re quite familiar with. There’s an empty basket resting by the Fαe’s paws.
…just done with hanging the decorations, I might- Oh! It’s you, our honorable guests! It fills me with joy to the brim to see you so early in the morning~!★
Hello there! Remember me? I see some new faces this time, though.
Are you acquaintances, Enoch?
You bet we are, Princess! We all met during Noah’s stay at Pagus Village during a beautiful meteor shower we had a while ago. Speaking of, he’ll be delighted to see you again!
You pull a cosmic chart from your bag and frantically start looking for meteor showers dated to happen soon. Enoch lets out a hearty laugh.
Meteor showers aren’t the only occasions when Dreamborns come into life, you know! You surely didn’t think we would only show up during these, did you?
You did. Enoch seemingly can tell that’s exactly what you thought.
Predicting the right season for the birth of Dreamborns can be complicated, as it all falls on the will of the Cosmos, the stars – and Noah, the one who can read them, is just as unpredictable. But, of course, there’s a reason why we’re here at the Moon Capital.
It’s Tanabata Festival season~!★ Would you like to listen to the tale behind it?
It is said that if it rains on Tanabata, it’s because the magpies couldn’t come; the tale calls it “The Tears of Orihime and Hikoboshi”.
*offers her a handkerchief*
Thank you kindly~★
An astronomical occurrence also takes place during this date: the stars Vega and Altair meet in the night sky. People believe they represent Orihime and Hikoboshi, while the Milky Way is the river separating them and the star Deneb represents the magpie bridge.
Yes, that’s why people also call it the “Star Festival”~!★ With the tale and the customary season of making wishes and Shinto purification rituals, the Tanabata Festival became a very important celebration over time. A season for wishes!
Which is precisely why it’s such an opportune season for Dreamborns to come into being! With the fervent wishes of people during the festival, some might materialize in the form of a Memory Keeper.
Will you stay and celebrate the festival with us? There’ll be dancing, food, parades, fireworks… Here, I will give you your own set of tanzaku paper strips~!★ Pick a color, write down your wish and bring it back to me – we’ll tie it to the Wish Tree together!
Oh, and if you wish to see Noah, just take a look around. His tent is set nearby.
🎋 A guide to Wish Making
To participate, you must have an account on the Memory Keepers website and agree to the species T.O.S. Click here to register!
- Make a drawing of your Dreamborn Memory Keeper! The drawing and design must be made by you but, if you can’t draw, you may use this base. The max drawing resolution is 1200 x 1200px, bigger files won’t upload properly.
- Remember to follow the Basic Species Guide and add the specific traits from their class: Single horn and Wispy core; Dream Hologram is optional. You may check the Dreamborn folder in our Masterlist for some examples.
- Only Dreamborn class is available for this event.
- Dreamborns don’t have an official theme, they are catalogued by number.
- Reply under this comment with your Memory Keeper drawing attached to it. Feel free to add a story, personality, and whatnot to your Keeper. This might increase your chances of being chosen!
- You may create up to two entries, but only one may win. You’re welcome to make official the second entry you made via payment.
- 2 winners will be chosen by the founders: one by mr-tiaa and one by shiroganeRyo.
- 1 lucky winner will be chosen by raffle in our Discord rolling server.
Each entry counts as 1 raffle number. Sharing the event (with a link to this post) on your social networks gives you an extra number! Example: tweet about the event, post a journal on Furaffinity, create a status on deviantART, etc. You must link your post when replying to the comment to be eligible for the extra entry.
- For every 25 users that join, an extra winner will be rolled!
- Every Keeper made official will receive 5 Memory Fragments.
- Pricing per Keeper is $20 (USD) and payments are made through Paypal invoice only.
- You have until August ends to pay for your Dreamborn Memory Keeper(s).
Have any doubts or questions? Please, feel free to ask us! We’ll help however we can~★